« AnteriorContinuar »
658. [Royal arms.] By His Excellency | Jonathan Belcher, Esq;...A Proclamation (on "Bills or Votes of Hand emitted by a Society or Number of Persons in the Province of New-Hampshire.") Dated, April 18, 1735. Boston: Printed by John Draper, Printer to His Excellency the Governour & Council.
659. [Royal arms.] By His Excellency | Jonathan Belcher, Esq;...A Proclamation for a publick | Thanksgiving. [November 13.] Dated, October 8, 1735. Boston: Printed by John Draper, Printer to His Excellency the Governour & Council.
660. Boston, May 22d. 1735. | Whereas since my Return from St. George's River in the Eastern Parts of this | Province, where I have been . . .
661. Bond given by settler in the "Line of Towns" so called (between Merrimack and Connecticut River.)
Archives, cXIV. 153.
662. Tax notice.
BOSTON PRESBYTERIAN SOCIETY.
663. The Articles | for the | Boston Presbiterian Society, | erected September 21st 1736, for that laudable Design of building a Meeting-House in Long-Lane, upon that land which is the sole and proper Right of the Presbyterian Congregation, who have for these several Years past met there, for the publick Worship of God. [Boston: 1736.] † NYPL
pp. . Evans, 3989.
664. [Cut.] An | Elegy | Upon the much lamented Deaths of two desireable Brothers, the two eldest Sons of Capt. Joshua and Mrs. Comfort Weeks, of Greenland; | Who departed this Life in February 1735, 6. the youngest whose Name was Ichabod, died the 3d Day, in the 22d year of his Age, and the eldest whose Name was Joshua, deceased the 10th Day, in the 24th Year of his Age, † NHанS.
665. [Cut.] Mr.
Bought of Samuel Grant | At the
Crown and Cushion in Union Street near the Town Dock |
An engraved card.
Evans, 4024, 4025.
668. LETTER OF ATTORNEY.
Archives, XLI. 382. Forms in MHS are 1737 (013.14.26), 1744 (015.3.15), 1754 (Shaw), 1757, 1762 and 1764 (Dolb.).
669. Province of the Massachusetts-Bay. In the House of Representatives. Jovis 9, Die Decembris, A. D. 1736. [Boston: Printed by Samuel Kneeland, 1736.]
pp. 3. A report on that part of the Governor's Speech which related to the Bills of public credit, signed, John Stoddart. See Journals of the House of Representatives, December 9, 1736. The report is in the Boston Weekly News-Letter, December 16, 1736. Evans, 4042.
670. [Royal arms.] By His Excellency | Jonathan Belcher, Esq;...A Proclamation for a general Fast. [April 1.] Dated February 26, 1735[-36]. Boston: Printed by J. Draper, Printer to His Excellency the Governour and Council.
671. [Last Saturday [August 21] His Excellency our Governour was pleas'd to issue a Proclamation for Proroguing the Great & General Court or Assembly of this Province, which stood prorogu'd to the 8th of September next, to Wednesday the Twentieth Day of October next.]
From the Boston Weekly News-Letter, August 26, 1736.
672. [Royal arms.] By His Excellency | Jonathan Belcher, Esq;. A Proclamation | For Proroguing the General Assembly (to November 24.) Dated, October 4, 1736. Boston: Printed by J. Draper, Printer to His Excellency the Governour & Council.
673. [Proclamation, dated October 16, appointing November 11 to be a day of Thanksgiving.]
Boston Weekly News-Letter, October 21, 1736.
674. Province of the Massachusetts-Bay. | William Foye, Esq; Treasurer. (Tax warrant.) [Boston: Printed by John Draper. 1736.]
See No. 1045, where it is more correctly entered.
678. Boston, March 12. 1736, 7. (Circular letter asking for number who have died from the distemper of the throat.) † PHS
679. The Confession and Dying Warning of | Hugh Henderson, Who was Executed at Worcester, in the County of Worcester, Nov. 26. 1737. [Also] A Poem | Occasioned by the untimely Death of Hugh Henderson, alias John Hamilton, who was Hanged at Worcester for House- | Breaking, Nov. 24. 1737. [Cut.] Boston: Printed and Sold at the Printing House in Queen Street over against the Prison. † AAS
2 Am. Ant. Soc. Proceedings, XI. 461. Evans, 4144. MASSACHUSETTS-BAY, PROVINCE.
680. Massachusetts-Bay, ss, In the House of Representatives; January 11, 1736[-37]. A report on the Bills of Credit. Signed, Thomas Hutchinson. Boston: Printed by Samuel Kneeland. 1737.
pp. 3. Evans, 4165. The report is printed in the Boston Weekly NewsLetter, January 13, 1737.
681. By the Honourable Spencer Phips, Esq; . . . A Proclamation (for apprehending those concerned in a riot in Boston, on March 24.) Dated March 25, 1737.
Printed in the Boston Weekly News-Letter, April 1, 1737.
682. [By Command of His Excellency our Governour, A Proclamation is issued for Dissolving the Great and General Court or Assembly of this Province.]
From the Boston Weekly News-Letter, April 1, 1737.
683. By His Excellency Jonathan Belcher, Esq; . . . A Proclamation (against certain profane and seditious papers, posted
on the Town-House and "drop'd in the Town of Boston," and offering a reward for discovering the author or authors). Dated, April 14, 1737.
Printed in the Boston Weekly News-Letter, April 21, 1737.
684. [On Thursday the 18th Inst. [October] His Excellency our governour, with the Advice of His Majesty's Council, at Salisbury, was pleas'd to issue a Proclamation appointing Thursday the 17th Day of November next to be observed as a Day of publick Thanksgiving throughout this Province.]
From the Boston Weekly News-Letter, October 27, 1737. The proclamation may have been printed in New Hampshire.
685. [Royal arms.] By His Excellency | Jonathan Belcher Esq; . . . A Proclamation for a publick | Thanksgiving. [November 17.] Dated, October 18, 1737. Boston: Printed by J. Draper, Printer to His Excellency the Governour and Council. Evans, 4160.
686. Oaths appointed to be taken instead of the Oaths of Allegiance & Supremacy: | And Declaration.
687. Province of the Massachusetts-Bay. | Jonathan Belcher Esq;... (Military commission.) Dated, [March 10,] 173[6-37.]
Commission to Province of the especial Trust and
688. Province of the Massachusetts- Bay, ss. [Royal arms.] William Foye, Esq; | Treasurer . . . (Tax warrant.) Dated, November 18, 1737.
689. A Poem upon the Death of Mrs. Martha Chandler, of North Yarmouth. A very hopeful young Woman; who departed this Life, August 4th. 1737. [Boston: 1737.]
690. Printed Certificates for Surveyors of Hemp and Flax, and Notifications for Surveyors of High-Ways, are to be sold by Thomas Fleet, at the Heart and Crown in Cornhill, Boston. Advertisement in the Boston Evening-Post, April 11, 1737.
691. To be sold by the Publisher of this Paper, at the Heart and Crown in Cornhill, Boston, Blank Bills of Sale for Vessels suited either for disposing of the whole and entire Hull, &c. or any Part or Share thereof; whether they be upon the Stocks,
in Port, or at Sea: Being a much better Form than that heretofore made Use of in such Cases.
An advertisement in Fleet's Boston Evening-Post, March 21, 1737. 1738
692. Copy of a Letter | Found in the Study of the Reverend | Mr. Joseph Belcher, | Late of Dedham, since his Decease. In Answer to this Question, How to live in this World, so as to live in Heaven? Printed and sold at the Heart and Crown in Cornhill, Boston. [1738?]
See 2 Proceedings, XVIII. 467. Evans, 4242, gives a 16mo. of 4 pages, described as the "Second Edition," but does not list a first edition, which is No. 472a, supra. Thomas Fleet was at the sign of the Heart and Crown, 1731-1759.
693. Copy of a Letter found in the Study of the | Reverend Mr. Joseph Belcher, formerly of Dedham, after his Decease. In Answer etc. Printed and sold at the Bible and Heart in Cornhill, Boston. MHS Evans does not name such a printing office until 1780, when it belonged to T. & J. Fleet.
696. Anno Regni Regis Georgij Secundi &c. undecimo. | The following Order passed the Great and General | Court relating to the Bill for the Emission of Sixty | Thousand Pounds in Bills of Credit, to be redeemed by | Silver and Gold, viz. | Veneris 6. Die Januarij, A. D. 1737. (With the Bill.) Colophon: Boston: Printed by Samuel Kneeland, Printer | to the Honourable House of Representatives. 1737. † MA. HC. MHS
pp. 5. Archives, CI. 564. "On a Motion made and seconded by divers Members, Ordered, That the Bill for the Emission of sixty thousand Pounds in Bills of Credit of a new Form and Tenor, . . . be printed as soon as may be, one for each Member of the Court, and one for each Town in the Province." Journals of the House of Representatives of Massachusetts, January 6, 1737[-38.]
697. [Royal arms.] By His Excellency | Jonathan Belcher Esq; ...A Proclamation. | On a settlement of the Island of Sables by Andrew Le Mercier. Dated September 4, 1738. Boston: Printed by J. Draper, Printer to His Excellency the Governour & Council.